The Golden Eggs Team
Max is the Principal of Golden Eggs Home Loans. An avid property rentvestor, mortgage broker and singer (!), he specialises in educating clients on investing and managing property for the long term. As a rentvestor, Max has 15 tenants but rents an apartment in Sydney’s inner west, with city, harbour bridge and water views.
- Helping people buy and hold single or multiple property assets for long term financial security
- Creating financial structures to help mitigate risk while leveraging into property
- Creating investment home loans structures designed to pay your own home off quickly, while minimising the impact on day-to-day finances
- Ability to clearly identify and understand client needs and explain solutions in an easy, non-technical, non-jargon manner
- General Manger, Mortgage Broker and Financial Planner with Golden Eggs Investment Services Pty. Ltd. since Nov 2011
- Three years as Mortgage Broker with Refund Home Loans
- Two years as a secondary school teacher in mathematics, business studies & economics
- Fifteen years sales and marketing with Unilever (FMCG multinational) to Director level
- B.A. Honours (Economics)
- Diploma Financial Services (Finance/Mortgage Broking Management)
- Diploma Financial Services (Financial Planning)
- GTP (Masters equivalent) in teaching mathematics
- MFAA member since Dec 2009
- COSL member since Dec 2009
Since 2009 Nicole has worked as a MFAA (Mortgage Finance Association of Australia) fully accredited Mortgage Broker. Nicole’s main focus is with first time property investors looking to build a property portfolio as part of their wealth building strategy, but she is also the commercial loan expert within the team.
- Marketing Manager (Investor Relations) for an ASX listed property group
- Office manager and dealer’s assistant to the head of the Institutional Dealing Desk / Director of a well-established and nationwide stock broking firm
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management
- Certificate IV in Finance/Mortgage Broking FNS40804
- Certificate of Course Completion in MFAA Initial Compliance (201-A V2)
- Diploma in Investor Relations – AIRA
- Diploma of Financial Services (Financial Planning) FNS50804 –partial completion to give General Advice on Securities and Managed Investments.
- Diploma of Financial Markets (2005), Securities Institute of Australia, Sydney
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism (2000), Sydney Business & Travel Academy, Sydney
Belinda became a Mortgage Broker after 15 years working in research and biotechnology. This became her chosen path after recognising she was more inclined to read business and finance reports over scientific journals!
- The ability work one-on-one with new and existing clients and provide expert advice to assist them achieve their property goals and dreams
- Clearly understanding her client’s specific situation and requirements
- Considering clients’ future financial plans as well as current requirements
- Building long-term relationships
- While encouraging clients to do research and be informed, Belinda believes you must seek out a qualified and accredited broker and adviser to ensure the recommended finance suits your requirements
- The incorrect structure and / or loan can have costly implications
- Belinda wants to provide you with a solution, while a bank just wants to provide you with a loan
Belinda enjoys great satisfaction from assisting her clients with an objective service that provides choice and advice, so they are confident they have the right structure and loan to meet their needs and goals whether it be for a home, investment property or business.
- B Sc (Hons)
- Diploma Financial Services (Finance and Mortgage Broking)
Accreditation and licensing
To ensure our longevity in the industry and continue as your trusted advisers over the long term, we must work in an ethically responsible way and keep within the law and governing bodies. The consumer credit and finance broking industry is regulated by ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) and each of our team are credit representatives of a Credit Licensee
We are all members of the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) – an industry body that recognises professional brokers backed by education, ethics and a commitment to excellence. We are also members of the Credit and Investment Ombudsman (CIO), an external dispute resolution scheme for the mortgage and finance industry.
Golden Eggs Home Loans complies with the National Consumer Credit Protection Act (NCCP) regulations for responsible lending. These guidelines are to ensure that the credit provider ascertains and verifies their client’s financial situation, and assesses whether the credit contract is “not unsuitable” (legal speak for ensuring the loan is a good choice for you!)
Our advisers maintain their skills and competencies with ongoing training and professional development.
Golden Eggs Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd holds professional indemnity insurance cover for all of our authorised brokers.
Max Phelps is a credit representative (CR No. 399169) of Golden Eggs Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd (Australian Credit Licence No. 487311).
MFAA Membership Number 54357
CIO Membership Number M0015268
Belinda Lewis is a credit representative (CR No. 403721) of Golden Eggs Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd (Australian Credit Licence No. 487311)
MFAA Membership Number 75132
CIO Membership Number M009814
Nicole Millard is a credit representative (CR No. 399416) of Golden Eggs Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd (Australian Credit Licence No. 487311)
MFAA Membership Number 57302
CIO Membership Number M0016212