Giving you the confidence to make great decisions.
The Golden Eggs Team
Max is the Founder of Golden Eggs and author of the Amazon best-seller, “Getting Your Money $hit Together”. He was the winner of the FBAA Finance Broker of the Year for NSW/ACT in 2019. An avid property rentvestor, Money Coach and singer (!), he specialises in the psychology of money to educate clients on investing and managing property for the long term. As a rentvestor, Max has 15 tenants but rents an apartment in Sydney’s inner west, with city, harbour bridge and water views.
- Helping people buy and hold single or multiple property assets for long term financial security
- Creating financial structures to help mitigate risk while leveraging into property
- Creating investment home loans structures designed to pay your own home off quickly, while minimising the impact on day-to-day finances
- Ability to clearly identify and understand client needs and explain solutions in an easy, non-technical, non-jargon manner
- General Manger, Mortgage Broker and Financial Planner with Golden Eggs Investment Services Pty. Ltd. since Nov 2011
- Three years as Mortgage Broker with Refund Home Loans
- Two years as a secondary school teacher in mathematics, business studies & economics
- Fifteen years sales and marketing with Unilever (FMCG multinational) to Director level
- B.A. Honours (Economics)
- Diploma Financial Services (Finance/Mortgage Broking Management)
- Diploma Financial Services (Financial Planning)
- PGCE in teaching mathematics
- FBAA member since Jan 2019
- AFCA Member since Nov 2018
Since 2009 Nicole has worked as a fully accredited Mortgage Broker and was a finalist in the 2019 Australian Broker of the Year awards. Nicole’s main focus is with first time property investors looking to build a property portfolio as part of their wealth building strategy, but she is also the commercial loan expert within the team. She joined Golden Eggs in 2012 and has been an office-holder at Golden Eggs Mortgage Brokers since 2016.
- Marketing Manager (Investor Relations) for an ASX listed property group
- Office manager and dealer’s assistant to the head of the Institutional Dealing Desk / Director of a well-established and nationwide stock broking firm
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management
- Certificate IV in Finance/Mortgage Broking FNS40804
- Certificate of Course Completion in MFAA Initial Compliance (201-A V2)
- Diploma in Investor Relations – AIRA
- Diploma of Financial Services (Financial Planning) FNS50804 –partial completion to give General Advice on Securities and Managed Investments.
- Diploma of Financial Markets (2005), Securities Institute of Australia, Sydney
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism (2000), Sydney Business & Travel Academy, Sydney
Belinda became a Mortgage Broker after 15 years working in research and biotechnology. This became her chosen path after recognising she was more inclined to read business and finance reports over scientific journals! She joined Golden Eggs right at the beginning and has been an office-holder at Golden Eggs Mortgage Brokers since 2016.
- The ability work one-on-one with new and existing clients and provide expert advice to assist them achieve their property goals and dreams
- Clearly understanding her client’s specific situation and requirements
- Considering clients’ future financial plans as well as current requirements
- Building long-term relationships
- While encouraging clients to do research and be informed, Belinda believes you must seek out a qualified and accredited broker and adviser to ensure the recommended finance suits your requirements
- The incorrect structure and / or loan can have costly implications
- Belinda wants to provide you with a solution, while a bank just wants to provide you with a loan
Belinda enjoys great satisfaction from assisting her clients with an objective service that provides choice and advice, so they are confident they have the right structure and loan to meet their needs and goals whether it be for a home, investment property or business.
- B Sc (Hons)
- Diploma Financial Services (Finance and Mortgage Broking)
Christian joined Golden Eggs in 2018, while still in his final year of an Economics degree at MacQuarie Uni. Now a full time, qualified Broker, Christian quickly put his knowledge into practice, by buying his first investment property in 2019 and 2nd in 2020.
Currently being mentored by Max, Christian expects to open his own practice in the coming years.
Samuel Sa Rosa
Sam joined Golden Eggs in 2018, just before his final year of a double degree in Medical Science and Business. Originally just looking for a holiday job and something to keep him going until his 4 month overseas trip at the end of his course, Sam became a Golden Eggs convert and a valuable member of the team.
He bought his first investment property in 2019 while still at Uni and has his sights set on a 2nd in 2020. He is about to complete his broking qualification to become another mentee under Max.
Accreditation and licensing
To ensure our longevity in the industry and continue as your trusted advisers over the long term, we must work in an ethically responsible way and keep within the law and governing bodies. The consumer credit and finance broking industry is regulated by ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) and each of our team are credit representatives of a Credit Licensee
We are all members of the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA) – an industry body that recognises professional brokers backed by education, ethics and a commitment to excellence. We are also members of the Australian Finance Complains Authority (AFCA), an external dispute resolution scheme for the mortgage and finance industry.
Golden Eggs Home Loans complies with the National Consumer Credit Protection Act (NCCP) regulations for responsible lending. These guidelines are to ensure that the credit provider ascertains and verifies their client’s financial situation, and assesses whether the credit contract is “not unsuitable” (legal speak for ensuring the loan is a good choice for you!)
Our advisers maintain their skills and competencies with ongoing training and professional development.
Golden Eggs Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd holds professional indemnity insurance cover for all of our authorised brokers.
Max Phelps is a credit representative (CR No. 399169) of Golden Eggs Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd (Australian Credit Licence No. 487311).
FBAA Membership Number M344205
AFCA Membership Number 45726
Belinda Lewis is a credit representative (CR No. 403721) of Golden Eggs Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd (Australian Credit Licence No. 487311)
FBAA Membership Number M344335
AFCA Membership Number 62613
Nicole Millard is a credit representative (CR No. 399416) of Golden Eggs Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd (Australian Credit Licence No. 487311)
MFAA Membership Number 57302
CIO Membership Number M0016212
Christian Kearns is a credit representative (CR No. 514353) of Golden Eggs Mortgage Brokers Pty Ltd (Australian Credit Licence No. 487311)
FBAA Membership Number M-344303
AFCA Membership Number 70677